Here you will find answers to our Frequently Asked Questions about our soy candles. Read below to find information about why we use soy wax, tips/tricks and more.
We love working with soy wax because it’s a clean burning and renewable resource unlike paraffin (which is derived from petroleum). Soy wax healthier for you and the environment. It is natural, non-toxic and cleans up easily with soap and warm water. It also burns slower than paraffin wax resulting in a longer burning candle. The wax we use is also food grade, kosher, and hypo-allergenic.
Yes. All our candles are vegan and cruelty free. Our soy wax is 100% plant based and all natural, free of any genetically modified materials and pesticides. No animal products are used in our candles and no animal testing is done by us or our suppliers.
-We recommend burning your candle from 3-5 hours each lighting.
-Soy wax has a “memory.” This means when a soy candle is burned and then extinguished, the next time it’s burned, the candle will only melt as far across as it did the last burn. So always burn your candle until the wax melts evenly across the top of the jar, to prevent “tunneling.”
-Stop burning when 1/4″ – 1/2″ of the wax remains.
-Keep the wick centered & trimmed to 1/4″ to prevent uneven burning & sparking.
-Burn candles on a clean, flat surface out of direct sunlight and drafts and away from pets, flammable materials, and children.
-We recommend enjoying our candles within 6 months to ensure even burning.
10.5 oz candle = approx. 50+ hours burn time.
Our 10.5 oz candles work great in small to medium sized rooms like bathrooms, smaller kitchens, and bedrooms and also can be used in larger spaces up to 18′ x 18′. Rooms any larger or with high ceilings or open floor plan homes will need multiple candles. If you’re having a difficult time smelling the fragrance, you maybe using the candle in too large of an area.
Generally the cause for soot accumulation on the tumbler is that the wick is not trimmed to the correct height. Make sure the wick stays trimmed to 1/4″ before each lighting to avoid it.
Each time a candle is lit, the melt pool must reach the edges of the container for a proper burn. If the candle is lit and put out an hour later on multiple occasions, it will create a tunnel down the center of the jar. Therefore we recommend burning our candles for 3-5 hours each lighting.
We only use 100% cotton wicks free of lead and zinc.
Absolutely, please do.
When there is 1/4″ to 1/2″ of wax left in the jar/tumbler/tin, stop using the candle. Simply set the jar/tumbler/tin in hot water or a warm oven until the wax melts. Using an oven mitt to handle the hot jar/tumbler/tin, carefully pour the unused wax into the garbage and wash the container with soap and warm water.
***Do not to pour wax down the drain; it can clog pipes.